Friday, July 9, 2010

High Altitude MTT Training

Last night I wanted to practice MTT tournaments online since I will be giving my third and last shot at the Venetian Deep Stack Extravaganza this Saturday. I entered two small priced tourneys as I struggle playing online poker at home due to distractions. I planned to multi-table a $2.20 5k guaranteed that had 1800 entrants and a 180 entrant $4.40.

To prepare for my evening I did my best to help my wife out. I cooked dinner, helped clean the house, played with my 4 year old son, watched and played with the baby.

Finally it was time to start my games. Here is how it went:

15 Minute Mark: My son wants to sit in my lap while he watches sponge bob
20 Minute Mark: My son wants to push buttons on the computer and inadvertently calls a hefty bet with a 69off preflop
21 Minute Mark: My son is crying to mommy that I wont let him play on the computer
30 Minute Mark: Wife needs help lifting boxes
40 Minute Mark: 3 month old baby wakes up and starts crying
60 Minute Mark: Wife wants me to hold the baby while she puts my son to sleep
65 Minute Mark: baby will not stop crying unless I pace while bouncing her
85 Minute Mark: Wife takes baby back
90 Minute Mark: Son comes into my room and asks if he can watch me play poker; I put him back to bed
100 Minute Mark: Son is afraid and wants me to get rid of the monster in the closet by turning the light on
120 Minute Mark: Wife wants me to hold baby again
125 Minute Mark: Baby is screaming because I am not pacing and bouncing
126 Minute Mark: My son wakes up because the baby is crying and wants me to stay with him in bed
135 Minute Mark: Wife saves me and puts my son back to bed
145 Minute Mark: Wife takes baby back and is mad at me because I am acting pissy and wants to talk about my attitude

Somehow I managed to place 78th in the $2.20 tourney and 5th in the $4.40 tourney...although this is a typical evening of distraction for me while I play online poker, trust that these results are not typical. Athletes train for competition in high altitude...I train for MTTs at home.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you should not play poker when the kids are up?? i play when they go to sleep, just sayin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well in the past I did that, but I was exclusively a cash game player. These tourneys ended close to 2am and I have to be at work by 7...so since I started playing MTTs I have been struggling with time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for reminding me why I should continue subconsciously influencing my wife to put off having kids.

    ReplyDelete